All families preparing to register for live-feed online classes must agree to the following "terms and conditions" before being accepted into the Apologia Online Academy:
- Legally Homeschooling: I understand that it is my responsibility (parent[s], family) to make sure we are legally homeschooling in the appropriate state or country.
- YOU are the school, not Apologia Online Academy: I have read, understand and agree to the following: Apologia Online Academy strongly affirms parents as the primary legal & moral educators of their children. Apologia Online Academy is not the school - YOUR homeschool is. Apologia Online Academy is a resource available to autonomous homeschool institutions. Therefore teachers will report all classroom activity, assignments, tests, quizzes, etc. to the parent via the student portal and will provide final grade suggestions based on this activity. It is the duty of YOUR homeschool to monitor the grades of the student and develop your own transcripts and/or report card(s).
- Class Etiquette: Behavior: I will make sure my student(s) behaves in a courteous manner during class. This includes proper etiquette in the chat box, respecting the instructors, and using godly integrity in completing assignments, taking tests, and sharing information.
- Apologia Newsletter: I understand that all registered families agree to receive the ApologiaWorld e-newsletter and other email communication from Apologia Online Academy (including updates from teachers).
- Confidential Email: I understand that all email lists are confidential and the sole property of Apologia Online Academy and not individuals including Apologia Online Academy teachers. Therefore I understand that my email address and communication(s) will not be shared outside of Apologia and Apologia Online Academy nor sold or given away to other companies.
- Parent Involvement:
- Email Communication: I (parent[s]) agree to be actively engaged in the education of my/our child(ren) including, but not limited to, deadlines, homework assistance, assignments, technical difficulties, teacher communication, and behavioral situations. I also understand that all communication including tests, assignments, papers, etc. is sent to the parent(s) email address and the students'. As the principal of your homeschool, please make sure your student is responding to all communication in a timely manner. This is the responsibility of the administration of your school, not the Apologia Online Academy teacher's.
- Grades: I will keep track of my students grades by printing them occasionally from the student portal. I understand that all grades, assignments, and other portal information are erased 2-4 weeks after the close of the school year and I must retrieve them prior to this.
- Financial Integrity: I will use integrity when dealing with all financial matters including on-time payment of tuition and other fees, refunds, class drops/withdrawals, early registration, and discounts.
- Payment Plans: I will promptly pay a monthly amount of my choosing on the 15 of each month (if applicable).
- Payment plans are up to you. You must pay the required deposit when checking out. You must then:
- Divide your balance by remaining months to October 15 and pay this amount as often as you wish. You can pay any amount as long as the entire balance is paid on or before October 15 REGARDLESS OF THE DATE YOU REGISTERED.
- Log in to your account and pay an amount of your choosing. (balance is shown at login).
- Payments are NOT automatic - you have the freedom to pay as many times as you wish and as much as you wish.
- Failure to meet the above balance pay off date will result in your student(s) being suspended from attending class.
- Accounts returning with NSF will be turned over to the Apologia collections department.
- A credit card decline that occurs after school has started will result in the student being withdrawn from class until full payment is made.
- Refunds: Registering for classes is like a contract between your family and Apologia. Your student(s) is placed on the class roster, and income is committed to that teacher. The student is assured a spot in the class. Since classes are limited in size your registration may prevent other students from registering for that class. We do realize that circumstances may arise which would prohibit you from taking a class for which you are registered. In that situation, our refund policy is described in the following two sections:
- Dropping/withdrawing from a class BEFORE the semester begins:
- I understand that if I drop or withdrawal from a class prior to the beginning of the semester, I will forfeit my registration fee ($50) plus 5% of any amount paid.
- If curriculum has been purchased at a discount I may keep it, however, I will forfeit the discount, which will be reflected on my refund from Apologia Online Academy.
- Dropping/withdrawing from a class AFTER the semester begins – I understand the following: Dropping a class during the first 5 weeks of the semester: forfeit the $50 registration fee plus 20% per week of total paid (ex: during week #1 = 20%, during week #2 = 40%, during week #3 = 60%, during week #4 = 80%, beginning of week #5 = no refund) [Refund restriction purpose: teachers have already been paid for your student(s), administration activities and other labors have been performed in great detail, classes have been prepared including your Student Portal, assignments, teacher prep, notes, lessons, test creation, and many other duties performed for you and your student(s) beginning in August. These fees are carefully thought out and designed to be fair to both parties].
- Examples for ALL CLASSES (full year, two-semester classes - both departments):
- Aug 27-Sept 2 (1st week) = total amount minus 20% (all dates are hypothetical only)
- Sept. 3-9 (2nd week) = total amount minus 40%
- Sept. 10-16 (3rd week) = total amount minus 60%
- Sept. 17-23 (4th week) = total amount minus 80%
- Sept 24 and forward (after Sunday of the 4th week) NO MORE REFUND
- Credit & Debit Cards Only: I understand that Apologia Online Academy accepts payments only by credit and debit cards. If I have chosen to pay by installments, I will log on to my account regularly and make a payment (see #7 above).
- CLASS MINIMUM/MAXIMUM: Classes have a maximum 'seats' that differ according to the individual teacher (approx. 10-40). Classes normally have a minimum of 5 'seats' (classes under this may be cancelled).
- Early Registration (when applicable): Early-bird registration (customarily end of March/beginning of April) is for 15% off the total registration amount. If I fail to enter the Coupon Code AND click "Apply Coupon Code" at checkout, I will not receive a discount. The discount codes are found at HERE.
- DISCOUNTS: You must take careful note of the registration page of the class you are interested in and follow the directions for receiving a discount. Please click HERE for more information. If you do not enter the code and click "Apply Coupon Code" before checkout, we cannot refund you or reverse your error.
- TRANSFERS: Transferring to a different time/day, subject, or teacher: Transfers are easy to do and free but must be done through the Academy office by emailing your request to MrBlythe@ApologiaOnlineAcademy.com.
- Update My Computer: Since Apologia Online Academy depends on technology for their quality educational process, I will agree to keep my computer up-to-date. This includes browsers, software, and other components.
- Internet Connection: Apologia Online Academy does NOT allow registrants with dial-up or other slow/bad connections. Your system MUST be tested prior to registering for classes to ensure you can view LIVE classes efficiently and successfully (DSL and Cable work fine, but you must test HERE - the Adobe Connect Meeting Test). If you are aware of a bad, slow, and/or other inefficient internet connection (even if you have DSL and/or cable) and still register for classes, we cannot be responsible for a refund later. If your system is sub-par, please order our RECORDED ONLY courses. You can test these by watching the trailers.
- Wait List: I will not go on a "wait list" unless I fully intend to take the class(es) if and when it becomes available.
- Copyright Violation: I and my children understand that no test, assignment, or any other course work is to be posted outside of Apologia Online Academy. This includes Quizlet and other online study sites. Students found stealing tests in this manner or other forms of cheating will be dismissed from class without a refund.
ALL THE ABOVE MUST BE AGREED TO IN ORDER
TO TAKE CLASSES WITH APOLOGIA ONLINE ACADEMY