PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING/RENTING
Important Note: For all GRADED (Live & Recorded/Graded) Interactive classes, please click "LIVE & GRADED CLASSES" in the menu.
- Thank you for considering the RECORDED-ONLY courses. Apologia Online Academy recognizes that each homeschool is unique, and we do our best to give you options that fit your family’s needs. RECORDED-ONLY courses work well in a home where students are fairly independent in their studies but might need occasional assistance with understanding more difficult concepts taught by seasoned instructors. Please understand that your students will NOT have any access to the Apologia Online Academy instructors with the Recorded-Only option and will not receive a grade from Apologia or Apologia Online Academy. By choosing this option you are agreeing that you wish to do your own schedule, syllabus, assignments, tests, and grading without connecting with our teachers. You are aware that you are watching recordings from LIVE classes complete with discussions, questions, chat box, administrative issues, and not 'studio-produced' recordings (see "Video Instruction DVD's" at Apologia.com for professionally produced DVD's of some science courses).
- How does it work?
- After reading this entire page, return to the page you were on at www.ApologiaOnlineAcademy “RECORDED-ONLY”
- Scroll down and browse our Recorded-Only course offerings.
- Click on interested course(s) and watch the trailer (in some cases they are one complete class session) or continue the purchase/rental process
- After your purchase/rent you will need to purchase your textbook, Test & Solutions Guide, and Student Notebook for all sciences (some courses do not have a student notebook) from Apologia.com. For all other courses, contact Assistance@ApologiaOnlineAcademy.com for a book list
- Rent Individual or Full Course Videos Recorded During our Live Classes:
Length of Course Depends on Type of Course:
- Entire full year of 28-32 sessions – Recorded from the previous school year (some offer the current year recordings).
- Current year – Recorded as they occur and placed into your account with a new lesson every week.
- Single lessons - Helpful when an independent learner is struggling with a particular concept or module.
Renting Our Recorded-Only Courses Offer You the Flexibility To:
- Each Science lesson is 1/2 of a module.
- Each non-science lesson is a single lecture (Math, Language Arts, and Government class sessions are determined by each teacher)
You Have 12 Months to Access/Watch All Rented Class videos.
A Word About Technology:
- Do the course while still working independently without the assistance of a live instructor
- Work at your own pace
- Assign your own grades
- Create your own syllabus, tests (use the test & solutions manual), assignments, lab assignments & schedule, etc.
- See/hear common questions asked by real students and answered by the instructor
There are NO DISCOUNTS or REFUNDS for Recorded-Only Courses purchases.
- Technology is both a blessing and curse. We choose to use it as a blessing. But occasionally it fails. It is important to keep in mind that these are recordings of live classes and not professional studio-recorded episodes. They are recorded in real time are subject to the technology at the time of the recording. Also, some time, date, and assignment references may not apply to you.
- If there is an occasional lag in a class recording, simply wait and it usually picks up within a few minutes (the video may appear to freeze). This is usually due to a slow internet connection.
- Webcam technology is not perfect. Although teachers use their webcam, it is not necessary. We want students focused on the notes & discussions. Sometimes a teacher will turn off the webcam if it is acting up.
- The video is not always in sync with the sound due to varied connections while on the internet. Families with very high internet speed will have best experience.
- If you opt for renting the current year, the Apologia Online Academy teacher will upload each lesson during the LIVE week. However, there may be upload delays due to numerous variables. Do NOT purchase current year classes if you need all class recordings on a regular schedule. For this we provide the previous year courses.
- Once you purchase/rent, you have full access to all video recordings. We have no control over what customers do with these including capturing the videos and downloading to their own system, which is not allowed. It is a very difficult process to get a refund through Vimeo. So please make sure this is the option you wish to purchase/rent. (the best option is always the LIVE classes)
- Discounts do not apply to Recorded-Only
RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE: Recorded-Only